Crochet flower pattern

I see more and more things for little girls decorated with crochet flowers. Dresses, hair accessories, bags, scarfs - most anything nowadays gets decorated with crochet flowers.  It's very cute, romantic and very "homey", but a pair of hair barrettes with crochet flowers can cost as much as $5! There's no way I'm going to pay that much for something my daughter will lose right after leaving the house.

If you know how to crochet -just basic stitches, really- you can make your own flowers in just a few minutes. And then you can decorate your little girl's things. Not only she'll look trendy but she'll be proud to tell everyone that her mom  (grandma, aunt...) made these for her.

I don't know how to write the crochet patterns, so I've made a chart instead:


Notes: Use two different colors to make a "daisy", or use one color and sew a button in the middle.
I recommend using mercerized cotton yarn as it's very strong and "shiny". It also washes well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
Sestrenki by sestrenki.blogspot.com is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License